Roots For Recovery
Access to a safe, drug free living environment is one of the biggest challenges individuals suffering from substance abuse disorder face as they work to achieve and sustain their recovery.
In our quest to solve this problem, SARF developed the Roots for Recovery tree campaign. The campaign’s goal is to raise funds to help those afflicted cover the cost of living at a certified sober home in their community.
Roots For Recovery Applicant Requirements
• 30 days of continuous abstinence from all substances
• Financial hardship
• Willingness to participate in a pathway to recovery i.e. 12 step fellowships, recovery support groups, therapy, community support groups, recovery centers etc
• Willingness to follow all curfew and meeting attendance requirements to remain in compliance with selected sober home’s policy
• Addict or alcoholic by admission
• Willingness to participate in random drug and alcohol screenings to remain in compliance with selected sober home’s policy
• After initial month is paid for by the Roots for recovery scholarship program, resident must pay their appropriate expenses to live in the selected sober home
• Willingness to participate in household activities, like weekly meetings and household chores to remain in compliance with selected sober home’s policy
• Three personal references and one caseworker reference
Donors can purchase or contribute to the purchase of a tree using the form below. The proceeds of that tree will be used to cover the cost of a 30 day stay at a certified sober home for an individual suffering from substance use disorder. Each tree will be planted in the community by the individual it’s sponsoring alongside a plaque that displays the name of the donor.
* Our current list of certified sober homes and tree planting locations are exclusive to the towns of Taunton, Falmouth, and New Bedford. We look forward to including surrounding towns as our campaign grows in membership and donations.
Group Donations Make a contribution towards the purchasing of a tree. Once enough funds have been raised to purchase a tree, the person in recovery will receive a 30 day sponsorship to a certified sober home.
Legacy DonationsLegacy Donations Make a $5,000.00 contribution and we’ll come to your home or business and plant a tree of your choosing in the name of your company or family.
The mission of the Substance Abuse Relief Foundation is to assist those currently suffering from substance use disorder. SARF helps facilitate individuals in finding comfort, hope and inclusion during each stage of the recovery process. SARF will work with those afflicted to aide in their transition to becoming self-sufficient and successful members of their community. SARF will provide access to basic, essential needs including: clothing, transportation, self-care products and accessibility to residential rehab and sober living facilities.
Donations to SARF go directly into assisting those in our communities, whether it's transitioning into a sober living facility or helping to put food on the table, SARF uses 100% of our donations to build hope and self-sufficiency within our communities.
SARF... Here To Serve
If you or someone you know is in need of supportive relief please fill out the form below, a SARF member will get back to you. All fields with a red asterisk are required for the form to be properly summited.